The original Jeff Davis hospital was abandoned for more than thirty years before being renovated into artist lofts. The crematorium and graves are still in the parking lot, but the noose was finally removed from the lynching tree in front of the building. I went there once and was more creeped out than I have ever been in my life.
Also my brother told me Green Day supposedly did a free show there in 89 or 90 and were climbing into the cages and slinging around chains that they had found. Hard to imagine them doing that now.
Edit: apparently it was also used in Robo Cop
- burningfunnel likes this
- nightmareevilwayz reblogged this from trust-my-struggle
- camembert likes this
- soophelia reblogged this from fuckyeahhouston
- damemarie likes this
- txjared likes this
- forfeitthisgameofcrime likes this
- 4tracking reblogged this from fuckyeahhouston
- fuckyeahhouston reblogged this from dearbobbie
- witty-fox likes this
- lisachristine likes this